Re: Will a early 90's 3.3 fit a cierra that came with a 3.1

> Hi, > > Has anyone ever put a 3.3 into a later ciera that came with the 3.1 > > I have a 96 olds ciera with 150 K that has the coolant problem, is > misfiring, hesitates real bad and has a bad bang to it. No codes show > up and will cost a fortune to diagnose/fix . I also have a 92 with > the 3.3 and it really screams. Blows away the 96 and alot of other cars > on the highway. I would like to swap out the 3.1 and put in a 3.3 if > at all possible. I have a lead on getting a 91 with a good engine in > it. > > Thanks > EW

Completely different engine. The 3.3 is a Great engine. IMO, one of the best V-6's that GM ever made. It would probably be easiest to cut out the entire subframe with engine, trans, and running gear from the old car and weld it into the new car. Also, it will require all the old wiring, ecu, etc. from the old car. You will have to fabricate new exhaust, cooling, A/C, fuel hose, steering, etc. The swap is possible if you have enough time and money but it will not be easy.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?py=B0ats=40texxxas=2Enet?=