Re: Will America be stupid enough to let US auto industry fail??

Asht>

>> Much of the reason they "didn't want them" was a fiction that they >> quality was poor. > >Fiction? I was looking at the ratings charts in Consumer Reports. >

Like I said, fiction. CR is all self reporting by people who hate American cars just because they are American cars. As people have noted in the past, when there are "imports" that are sold under both an imported name plate and an American Nameplate, the ratings for the imported version typically are noticeably higher then for the American version. Same car, same assembly line, only difference is a few trim pieces yet the American version somehow isn't as good..... If you look at teh JD power ratings there isn't a dimes worth of difference between any of the cars in the top half to 2/3rds of the list.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Perhaps when they start making cars people want, and with good parts, I'll give up my Toyotas and buy US. The only thing I ever considered buying from an American dealer was an Escort and an HHR. The Escort was uncomfortable (same size as a Coroola? Hmmm...) and the HHR couldn't get out of it's own way. I asked the dealer to round up one with a 5-speed and the HO engine. That was in '06...I'm still waiting...

So I bought a Scion tC. 5-speed. 165HP VVTi engine. Can much more than get out of it's own way.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Maybe they could file bankruptcy and let Toyota and Honda take over the big 3.

Reply to
Sarah Houston