Re: worst made cars on the road

Page 1 of 2

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics"
I love Mark Twain!
"TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit"
"Lies, damned lies, and statistics"
I love Mark Twain!
*****Samuel Clemens was clever. Toyota and Lexus are still very good cars.

Not good for smart or down-to-earth people like Mark Twain.
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:

I don't know if Twain was so down-to-earth. That wasn't his real name. Either way, he is down in the earth now.

And Toyota is in deep shit.

I've thought that only through government control and regulation we could accomplish fast, civilized roads like in Germany.
But, of course, I believe they have a government that works. Hey, do have healthcare for all too, both social and private insured.
all of them. NHTSA is designing uncomfortable, unattractive, and grosely over expensive automobiles for Manufacturers. Together with the EPA they are destroying the Industry and Americans capability to afford an automobile and the fuel for them. It is no accident they are doing this now. Have you sat in the new midget seats with headrest that force your head inot your chest and press your spine toward the windshield, and flat hard bottom boards for the seat bottoms???? How many thousand dollar or more air bags is in your car? How do you like being forced by empiral edict and threat, of taking food, from your table, if you don't wear an aggravating belt, across your body. How about the lie that it saves lives? There are as many killed by the belts as "saved?" How about the permanent chaff marks across your left shoulder and neck? How about the brick with pillows at each end design of all cars? I hear they are going to force us to wear argyle socks too.
lil abner wrote:

I never knew NHTSA designed cars. I thought the car companies' engineers did that. Thanks for the correction.

That doesn't make sense. The EPA is requiring higher mileage for cars. That means less fuel burned. That will extend the fuel supply. The fuel supply is limited because there is a limited amount of fossil fuels in the ground, most of which are not controlled by the US.

Correct. Congress empowered them to do this. And, a Supreme Court, mostly chosen by Republicans, even said that it is the EPA's duty to regulate Green House gases like CO2.

No. I have great seats. I guess I paid more for my car. Try something new: Save your money and buy something nice.

How expensive is a life saved?

Empiral edict? Or US and state laws voted on by our legislatures?

What lie? Has the death rate per million miles driven been going up or down over the years? DOWN. And part of the reason is seat belts and air bags.

Really? How many people have been killed by seat belts? Evidence (i.e., peer-reviewed research or other reliable evidence) please.

I ride a lot in cars and don't have them.

Even if you were correct (you're not), safety is very important.

ROTFL!
Have a lovely day. I am glad you were able to get your stupid rant out of the way today!

Clive

Probably, even higher. I started buckling up BEFORE it was mandatory, even though I normally rail against any nanny rules.

id>
You have very chances of surviving a side impact with an SUV, and they are doing nothing about it, so take everything as a good joke, expensive joke that is.
wrote in message

MORE potentially accidents involve HEAD ON collisions than do SIDEways collisions.

Do you mean I shouldn't be concerned over side impacts from SUVs running red lights?
I wonder why they put side air bags if there's no defense against high bumpers. But maybe they put them there to charge you for it. ;)
wrote in message

WAKE UP. Side bags ARE important...but NOT as important as front bags. Best, obviously, to have BOTH.

It's better to have bags everywhere, but most importantly WE NEED NO SUV'S.
"TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit"

Sign, I feel your pain. Ditto with those damn moomie vans, cluttering the roads, often with moomie yapping into the cell phone in one hand while shushing the crotch fruit with the other.
On 15/04/2010 6:16 PM, Sharx35 wrote:

And sucking back on coffee with the lipstick... fortunately Alberta is getting with the plan. It sure takes a long time for good laws to get through, they knoew in the early 90's that cell phones were causing accidents but lobbiests won the day until now.
Good part is the law is going to be more comprehensive and cover all distractions not just cell phones.
--
The Liberal way, take no responsibility.

I've reviewed the proposed legislation and see NO specific prohibition about performing sexual acts while driving. An oversight?

There was a big court case here in CT last year. Family of a man killed was suing his girlfriend and said she was driving when they hit a tree. Her defense? I was not driving at the time. How could I be? I was giving him a BJ.
wrote

What a way to go...or cum???