roups.com...

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

clare

Reply to
mysteryroach

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

"TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit" wrote

Girl scouts.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's not it. Don't girl scouts ride bikes? I think the lady a mundane "nurse aid" (those who tend old people) and somehow she or her husband is able to afford such behemoth, plus gas. Did you know old people are big business in this country, enough to afford you an SUV?

I hope I'm not getting off the subject.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

In message , "TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit" writes

Yes you are, unless you stop cross posting to alt.autos.toytoa.

Reply to
Clive

bikes? I think the lady a

A nurse aid should been driving a Corolla, not a Tundra, by my profile.

Something is changing in this country where even the poorest workers want to drive an SUV!

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@u21g2000yqc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Canuck57

c.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

Yep. The head on shows it well. The smart car not only stops faster it actually recoils back.

While it's cage might be intact, if a human were inside your guts would be a mess from the deceleration more so than the larger vehicle. It isn't fenders crumpling that causes death, it is the force of impact on the human body.

Reply to
Canuck57

bikes? I think the lady a

Nothing wrong with them wanting one, if they can come up with the $$$ then it is their right. If they want others to pay for it, they can go to hell.

Reply to
Canuck57

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@r27g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@u21g2000yqc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Canuck57

"Canuck57" wrote: (Smart Car vs. Tundra) The head on shows it well. The smart car not only stops faster it actually recoils back.

While its cage might be intact, if a human were inside your guts would be a mess from the deceleration more so than the larger vehicle. It isn't fenders crumpling that causes death, it is the force of impact on the human body. ___________________________________________________________________

It's conservation of momentum. If a 5,000 lb vehicle collides head-on with a 2,500 lb vehicle, both traveling at 60 mph, the larger vehicle is suddenly slowed to 40 mph and the smaller vehicle is suddenly traveling backwards at 20 mph.

Immediately after the collision the occupants of the larger vehicle are flying toward their dashboard at a relative speed of 20 mph, while the occupants of the smaller vehicle are flying toward their dashboard at a relative speed of 80 mph.

Both vehicles may have seat belts and air bags, but I think I would rather be in the heavier one for a better chance of lesser injuries or of survival. I'll stay with heavy vehicles. I'll keep on paying for gas guzzler taxes at purchase, for higher gas costs at the pump, and for alternate fuel subsidies for people who are willing to cram their families in those little cracker box deathtraps.

Happy motoring,

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@r27g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@u21g2000yqc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Sharx35

"Sharx35" wrote

There was a big court case here in CT last year. Family of a man killed was suing his girlfriend and said she was driving when they hit a tree. Her defense? I was not driving at the time. How could I be? I was giving him a BJ.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

What a way to go...or cum???

Reply to
Sharx35

The lessons from the Jurassic are not all lost in time. We still want to be bigger than anyone else.

But if the dinosaurs were so stupid, how could they have known about the laws of physics?