Re: Year and HP of 305?

says...

The lowly LG4 305 was around 150HP give or take a few depending if it had an electric cooling fan. I think GM started installing the L69 heads which gave it 170HP but I think that was more towards the late 80's.
Dennis Smith

86
can
an
gave
hmmm 150 HP? what kind of motors were these, V6's?

an
How
had
Nope, they were the 5 L V8s and they had a helluva lot more torque then horsepower.
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com says...

V8 you meathead. They lagged in HP but still produced 240 ft lbs torque around 2,000 RPM.

Dennis Smith
Wow, 150HP! I once had a '79 Cutlass with a 260 cu in V8. The manual said it was rated at 110 HP. It had a big a** fan which made a lot of noise to give you the impression it had more power than it really did.
Cheers, Howard

86
can
an
gave
GM - 1978 - 260 Olds coolant leaks at intake manifold. GM - 2003 - V6 coolant leaks at intake manifold.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

it
give