Regular Tahoe window failure

I was wondering if the Tahoe is known for its motor failures in its windows. I bought my Tahoe new in 2001, and it has never ever let me down technically except the bloody windows. I have now had the motors replaced 3
times (twice left, once right). Is that normal??
Cheers, Simon, The Netherlands

If they are the same setup as the Buick LeSabre, yes it is a terrible design and prone to failure. I have two LeSabres and both have had multiple failures in less than 50K miles. One was at about 21K miles but 6 months out of warranty and the service manager gave me a new unit under "good will" as he knows the failure rate is high.
and if they have a similar motor like 91 safaries/astroes try ebay for 20 dollar life time warantied
On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 20:36:51 +0100, "Simon Brightwell"

EVERY GM product is known for crap motors in the windows. I've seen them go out on intrigues, lesabres, corvettes, you name it. Bunch of junk.
Reinier Chandler,AZ

Shame really otherwise it would be a fantastic car. I have had no other problems with it at all. The trouble is every time it happens I am without the car for at least two weeks waiting for the new motor to come from The States. Pain in the proverbials that is... never mind, will be fixed soon.
Simon, The Netherlands.
On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 23:04:28 +0100, "Simon Brightwell"

How much do they cost there ? They're pretty pricey here as well ! (I'm form Holland originally, btw)