Reliability of Chevy vs other GM brands

I now own an 85 Caprice Classic which still runs well, after 361,000 miles, but am thinking of getting rid of it due to leaks and just plain ugliness
(paint chipping, rust spots). Have been looking for a 90's Caprice, but haven't found a nice one for sale. Seems like no one is selling the nice-looking ones. So.... I have seen some decent - looking non-Chev GM's for sale, like Buicks, Pontiacs, and Cadillacs. But are the 90's Buick and Cadillac and Pontiac V8's as reliable and as easy to work on as the Chevrolets ? How different can they be if they are all made by GM ? I don't want an SUV, btw.
Thanks, L
Lecher9000 wrote:

Um... there are no 90's Pontiacs with V8's except the Firebird. I think the Safari Wagon was the last RWD full frame Pontiac and I don't think it made it into the 90's.
If you're looking for a 90's Caprice but can't find one, the Buick Roadmaster was effectively the same car.
Lastly, pretty much the last 20 years a GM "platform" is 90% the same across the badging - Cavalier/Sunfire should have virtually the same issues as 90% of the mechanical is the same. (and so on...)
Ray

Thanks. The search continues. Interestingly, I see lots of 70's V8's with "for sale" in the window. Probably low gas mileage, though. I actually test drove a 1977(?) Impala with the 350 engine. Very slow.
I'll keep looking. Somewhere someone must be selling a nice Caprice or Roadmaster.
Probably won't be on the cheap side but you might check eBay for what you want.
Brian

check out this late 80's Pontiac wagon (same as Caprice, Buick, Olds 88). AZ creampuff I saw on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryc86 &item$81404926&rd=1

I tried the URL. Got an "item error". No picture.
Lecher9000 wrote:

Ah-ha! A newbie to the internet. Sometimes "scroll" or "wrap" is turned ON and you will get a link to just a small part of the entire url. If you link the entire url it works great.