remove 01 yukon armrest

Hi, Can anyone provide directions on how to remove the armrest from an 01 Yukon SLT (w/ leather)? I'm talking about the armrest attached to the front seat. Thanks in advance

Reply to
YukonMan

"YukonMan" wrote in news:1158175600.203817.78590 @h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

found this on google, pertaining to a 92 Yukon, probably same procedure as your 01......

GMC Yukon Armrest Removal

Q. Hi Vince, Here's my problem; I am trying to remove the arm rests from the front seat of my 1992 GMC Yukon. When I look at the arm rest, I can't find a zipper or velcro fastener to open, allowing access to look inside the arm rest to remove it from the side of the seat back. The hardware I do see, doesn't reveal any bolt heads or screws to loosen allowing removal the of armrest.

What I see attached to the arm rest frame work, is a metal stamping with a half inch wide radial slot, about 90° of arc, having a one inch round hole in each end of the slot. As I rotate the armrest, and look into the round hole, I can't see any bolts to remove the armrest from the seat back. How can I find out the correct way of removing the armrest? Any help is appreciated as always.

Thanks, John

A. Push in on the rear while you turn to full swing and it will go to a key slot and pop off. Not sure which direction you turn it, but make sure you push in towards the seat back.

Reply to
grappletech