removing dash panel on 1996 Chevrolet Lumina

Hi, I was wondering how the dash panel can be removed in order to replace the panel/instrument lights on a 1996 Chevrolet Lumina? I think there are clips there, but they have a sort of metal tip on them. Is there a tool that can make it easier to remove the dash panel?

Thanks, Louis