Removing paint dots off glass

Well I've got white paint spec's over all the windows. Don't know when or how they got there. Suspect the slow mover I encountered on the Indiana Tollroad who was throwing little piece of metal out the window
when cars ( me included ) were to close to him. Wouldn't surprise me if the passenger was shooting paint out the sunroof or a side window.
Trying to avoid the fine scratches associated with our friend the razor blade. Is Laquer Thinner alright to use?, Just more time consuming & a lot of rubbing I suppose.
Harryface 05 Park Avenue, 20,000 mi. 91 Bonneville LE , the black table in the garage.
Harry Face wrote:

I agree. Tool steel is ranked 7-8 on the Mohs scale. Quartz is 7. Use any covalent solvent. Lac thinner (mostly acetone) would work very well but you might want to keep that stuff far away from the good paint and plastic on your car. One slip, and your car will need a new paint job. Try a milder solvent first, like lighter fluid, or diesel.

Try a clay bar.
Roy
Try a credit card, or ice scraper, awhile back, Oldsmobile used a " safety " coating on the inside of windshield, what a mess come sticker time ! The auto industry responded with a plastic razor blade, check with an auto body supplier to see if still available. Bronze wool [ boat supply ] is used to clean fiberglass boats, works great on glass. I'd avoid solvent, as it tends to turn paint spots into paint film. I don't know what type paint, or how much landed on car, my guess is it's house paint, and should come off easily.

I hate to tell you this, but if you have paint specks on your windows you probably have them on the paint too. Try WD40 to remove them and the other suggestions here, but if they dont work get it to a pro to get the stuff off your painted finish quick.
Scott,
I don't feel paint specs when rubbing the hands across the car body, I'm betting the car had a heavy coat of dirt on it when the paint got on the windows. Due to this light Cashmier color of the Buick its so hard to see the dirt on it the car doesn't get washed as much as my black Bonneville did. The windows however are washed almost every other day.
My uncle had a black 79 Electra years ago and worked near a place that painted. They must of been blasting the paint fumes out the exhaust fan and all over the neighborhood. After 8 hours under the hot sun paint dust was baked on all the cars around the machine shop my uncle worked at.
My uncles car felt so gritty, like someone had thrown sand all over the car. He had to buff the car out monthly to remove all the paint spec's.
Harryface 05 Park Avenue, 20,000 mi. 91 Bonneville LE , the black table in the garage.
On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 00:15:40 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

departments of discount stores. Very gentle. Work up from there to lacquer thinner or polishing compound.

Eraser. Dampen and rub with moderate force on the offending spots. The Magic Eraser works on ink, Sharpie marks, and surface door rubs. I used it to remove red door marks from my white 1990 Buick Century Limited.
--
Kent Finnell
From the Music City USA

on it, and it took the overspray right off while keeping the paint job together fine. Also, my cousin drove my grandma's Yamaha G1 golfcart wrecklessly and put a nice red mark across the entire side of the golf cart from a red picnic table. Oops took that right off also.
need to correct valve clerance for zz4 crate correct way to tighin pushrods