Rendezvous Warranty question

I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous, 44,000 miles. My a/c is malfunctioning, it works every thrid or fourth time I start the car. Three people have told me
that this is something that is covered under warranty but I can't find anything to that effect in the warranty info. Before I spend the $$ to get it fixed, I want to make sure it is not covered under the warranty. Someone smarter than me must know this answer. Thanks.
David
Emissions is generally covered longer. I don't think AC would fall under this. You might call them and ask, nothing to lose.

me
Someone

me
Someone
How about the bumper to bumper warranty? It might still be covered under that.
Not unless you have an extended warr.

it
get

The basic warranty is 3 years/36,000 miles in the US. You're 8,000 over on the mileage part, so you effectively have no more warranty coverage (unless you bought an extended warranty).
But you are probably still in by time. Your warranty is still expired, but you may be able to get a dealer to do it anyway. They have the option to approve repairs like that to be covered under warranty. If you take it to where you bought it and talk to the Service Manager, You may be able to get it done. If you have ever bought any other cars at that dealer, mention that too. Most places will take care of regular customers. If you show up with a car you bought somewhere else, they usually will turn you down. Just tell them that you don't feel that this should have gone out so soon on a 2002. If they won't help, try calling GM using the number in the back of the book. There is a bulletin number 20-01-39-008 for this vehicle it talks about a leak through the a/c high pressure switch. Yours doesn't really sound like that but you never know. I don't know if the system is low. If I had to guess without seeing it, I would say the cycling switch on the accumulator is bad(a common problem on GM trucks) If you know what switch I am talking about, the next time you turn it on and it won't come on, leave it on and open the hood and tap the switch with the handle of a screwdriver and if it kicks right on that would be the problem.

it
me
get
Someone