Replace broken camshaft (GM 3.4L V6)

Hi, I have a 97 Chevy Venture with a broken camshaft. Does anyone know if there is a way to replace the camshaft without removing the engine from the
vehicle ? If that is not possible, can someone tell me how high I will have to jack up the vehicle for engine removal. I am thinking about dropping the engine onto a hydraulic jack, pump up the vehicle, and then slide the engine out. Any comments and suggestions will really be appriiciated.