Replacement procedure for 2002 Olds Bravada

Threaded View

Can someone please post the procedure for replacing the HVAC Mode Door =
Actuator on a 2002 Olds Bravada? =20

Thanks,
Bill

Re: Replacement procedure for 2002 Olds Bravada

Document ID# 730070
2002 Oldsmobile Bravada

Mode Actuator Replacement w/ Cam Assembly

Removal Procedure
Remove the I/P carrier. Refer to Instrument Panel (I/P) Carrier Replacement
in Instrument Panel, Gages, and Console.

Disconnect the electrical connector from the mode actuator.
Remove the screws from the mode actuator (3).
Remove the mode actuator.

Installation Procedure

Install the mode actuator (3).

Notice
Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must
be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring
replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or
sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints,
lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces
unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping
force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and
specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts
and systems.

Install the screws to the mode actuator (3). Tighten
Tighten the screws to 1.9 Nm (18 lb in).

Install the I/P carrier. Refer to Instrument Panel (I/P) Carrier Replacement
in Instrument Panel, Gages and Console.

Document ID# 1479710
2002 Oldsmobile Bravada

Mode Actuator Replacement w/o Cam Assembly

Tools Required
GE-47676 Mode Actuator Removal Tool

Removal Procedure
Remove the left floor duct. Refer to Air Outlet Duct Replacement - Floor, LH
.

Important
The service actuator is positioned in the bi-level mode. Place the mode door
in the middle of the door's travel.

Disconnect the mode actuator electrical connector.
Remove the mode actuator mounting screws.
Using GE-47676 remove the mode actuator.

Installation Procedure

Install the mode actuator.

Notice
Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

Install the mode actuator mounting screws. Tighten
Tighten the screws to 1.9 Nm (17 lb in).

Connect the mode actuator electrical connector.
Install the left floor duct. Refer to Air Outlet Duct Replacement - Floor,
LH .

Can someone please post the procedure for replacing the HVAC Mode Door
Actuator on a 2002 Olds Bravada?

Thanks,
Bill

Re: Replacement procedure for 2002 Olds Bravada

Thanks very much for the posting.  I thought there was a tool that
eliminated the need to remove the I/P?   Or is that just the carrier?

Re: Replacement procedure for 2002 Olds Bravada

Here's the procedure for removing the IP carrier if your application
requires it.  Sure hope you don't have to go through all this.  What a pain.
My interpretation is that this procedure is used when the mode actuator is
equipped with a "cam assembly."  Sorry, I'm not familiar with it.

Document ID# 759705
2002 Oldsmobile Bravada

Instrument Panel (I/P) Carrier Replacement

Removal Procedure

Remove the center floor console. Refer to Console Replacement .
Remove the instrument panel (IP). Refer to Instrument Panel (I/P) Assembly
Replacement .
Remove the steering column with the steering wheel attached. Refer to
Steering Column Replacement in Steering Wheel and Column.
Remove the floor console bracket. Refer to Bracket Replacement - Console
Floor .
Remove the splice pack from the floor panel located on the right side of the
HVAC center support bracket (5).
Remove the HVAC center support bracket (5) from the HVAC module (2).
Remove the side window defogger duct.
Remove the instrument panel cluster (IPC) wire harness attachments (1) from
the steering column support bracket and IP carrier.
Remove the speaker wire harness attachments from the steering column support
bracket and IP carrier.
Remove the IP wiring harness retaining screws (1) from the IP support
brackets, located near the steering column support bracket .
Remove the 2 bolts (1) located at the top of the steering column support
bracket.
Remove the 2 bolts (1) located underneath the steering column support
bracket.
Detach and remove the SIR harness from the IP carrier.
Disconnect the radio antenna cable located near the blower motor.
Detach and remove the IP wire harness from the right side of the IP carrier.
Remove the radio harness form the IP carrier.
Remove the temperature sensors from the ventilation ducts.
Remove the transfer case control module from the steering column support
bracket.
Remove the upper and lower bolts retaining the IP carrier to the right cowl
side carrier bracket.
Remove the center bolt (1) that retains the IP carrier to the right cowl
side carrier bracket.
Remove the upper and lower bolts retaining the steering column support
bracket to the left cowl side carrier bracket.
Remove the center bolt (1) that retains the steering column support bracket
to the left cowl side carrier bracket.
Remove the 6 nuts that retain the HVAC module to the IP carrier.
Remove the IP carrier and steering column support bracket assembly from the
vehicle and place on a clean prepared surface.

Installation Procedure

Install the IP carrier and steering column support bracket assembly to the
vehicle.

Notice
Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must
be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring
replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or
sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints,
lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces
unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping
force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and
specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts
and systems.

Install the 6 nuts that retain the HVAC module to the IP carrier. Tighten
Tighten the HVAC module to the IP carrier nuts to 10 Nm (88 lb in).
Install the center bolt (1) retaining the steering column support bracket to
the left cowl side carrier bracket.
Install the upper and lower bolts retaining the steering column support
bracket to the left cowl side carrier bracket.
Install the center bolt (1) retaining the IP carrier to the right cowl side
carrier bracket.
Install the upper and lower bolts retaining the IP carrier to the right cowl
side carrier bracket. Tighten
Starting with the center bolts (1), tighten the 6 cowl side carrier bracket
bolts to 50 Nm (36 lb ft).
Install and attach the IP wire harness to the IP carrier.
Connect the radio antenna cable located near the blower motor.
Install the SIR harness to the IP carrier.
Install the radio harness to the IP carrier.
Install the temperature sensors to the ventilation ducts.
Install the transfer case control module to the steering column support
bracket.
Install the 2 bolts (1) located at the top of the steering column support
bracket. Tighten
Tighten the upper steering column support bracket bolts to 50 Nm (36 lb
ft).
Install the 2 bolts (1) located underneath the steering column support
bracket. Tighten
Tighten the lower steering column support bracket bolts to 50 Nm (36 lb
ft).
Install the IP wire harness retaining screws (1) to the IP support bracket
located near the steering column support bracket. Tighten
Tighten the IP wire harness screws to 2.5 Nm (22 lb in).
Install the IPC wire harness attachments (1) to the steering column support
bracket and IP carrier.
Install the speaker wire harness attachments to the steering column support
bracket and IP carrier.
Install the side window defogger duct.
Install the screw retaining the defogger duct to the IP carrier. Tighten
Tighten the defogger duct screw to 2.5 Nm (22 lb in).
Install the HVAC center support bracket (5) to the HVAC module.
Install the nuts retaining the HVAC center support bracket to the HVAC
module (2). Tighten
Tighten the center support bracket nuts to 10 Nm (88 lb in).
Install the splice pack to the floor panel. Tighten
Tighten the splice pack retaining bolt to 10 Nm (88 lb in).
Install the steering column. Refer to Steering Column Replacement in
Steering Wheel and Column.
Install the IP. Instrument Panel (I/P) Assembly Replacement .
Install the center floor console. Refer to Console Replacement .

Site Timeline