Replacing 99 Lumina thermostat

Can anyone tell me the pocedures for replacing the thermostat in my 99 Lumina? Thanks. I replaced the water pump easily but it looks like it will be a little more to the thermostat, that's if it's where I think it is.

Reply to
Dogg

snipped-for-privacy@Datt.s wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

assuming its a 3.1.........opposite end of engine from WP under throttle body.

Reply to
KjunRaven

Yes...3.1...Thanks thats what I thought

Reply to
Dogg

For you, the easiest way would be to remove the throttle body, this will give you a bit more clearance to get at the two bolts that hold the housing in place.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai