Replacing 99 Lumina thermostat

Can anyone tell me the pocedures for replacing the thermostat in my 99 Lumina? Thanks. I replaced the water pump easily but it looks like it will be a little more to the thermostat, that's if it's where I think
it is.
snipped-for-privacy@Datt.s wrote in

assuming its a 3.1.........opposite end of engine from WP under throttle body.

Yes...3.1...Thanks thats what I thought
snipped-for-privacy@Datt.s wrote:

For you, the easiest way would be to remove the throttle body, this will give you a bit more clearance to get at the two bolts that hold the housing in place.
Ian