replacing lower intake gasket on 2001 Montana

I'm considering replacing the lower intake manifold gasket my self.

Has any one done this?
Thank you for your help and any suggestions Maciej
I have done the intake manifold gasket last year using Ian procedure. It was exactly that except that I removed the EGR valve for more clearance. You can find the procedure by searching for:
"Ian intake question for you alt.autos.gm" in google groups.
If your sparg plugs are close from reaching their expected lifetime it's a nice opportunity to replace them. Same thing for the thermostat. Plan almost a day of work and make sure you have all the required parts (valve cover gaskets, EGR gasket, heather pipe O ring, threadlocker for bolts, etc...).
Not a hard job but a time consuming job. I personally used a digital camera and take picture of every steps.
Good luck!
Note: A special big Thank you! to Ian for writing the procedure. It was a very helpful.
Eric.

Can you post the pictures Eric ?

I don't think I have kept them :-(. I used them as a personal reference to make sure I don't forget any details. At that time I never thought these pics could be useful to someone else.

ega wrote:

Did you do this on a van? Or was it on a car?
Ian
It was a 1999 Pontiac Montana.

ega wrote:

Did I tell you to leave the rear valve cover in place? I changed my method a while back, and can't remember if I told you the more recent method, or the long way.
Ian