replacing tail light in 1996 Lumina (car)

My right flasher started flashing quickly and I discovered my brake light was out. I've got the replacement bulbs, but I can't figure out how to access them.

Thanks Louis

Reply to
ll

On 3/28/06 11:17 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "ll" spewed forth this gibberish...

There should be a trim panel in the trunk to remove.. Bulbs behind that..

Reply to
Michael Keefe

Remove cargo net hook, if equipped. Pull back trunk carpet. Remove 3 or 4 "wing bolts." Pull taillight from body, remove and replace bulb. Simple, no tools required.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Thanks very much for your help - the stumper was the cargo net hook - it didn't seem to want to come loose at first. kind regards, Louis

Reply to
ll