Reprogram keyless entry

I know this has probably been on here a hundred times before, but can anyone tell me the procedure for entering the program mode for the remote door
locks and the procedure for programming them? I had one go bad and got another on ebay now I need to set it up.
Thanks
| I know this has probably been on here a hundred times before, but can anyone | tell me the procedure for entering the program mode for the remote door | locks and the procedure for programming them? I had one go bad and got | another on ebay now I need to set it up. | | Thanks | |
I watched the guy at the dealer do it on my 2000 Safari after I purchased a new remote from them. I couldn't do it right after he was through and I know I can't now. He fiddled around with the left window control after turning the key on and off and on and? They did it free for me but since you already have the remote they may charge you a nominal fee. Why don't you call a dealer or two and ask? They required proof of ownership before doing mine.
--
Anyolmouse

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't see a year/make/model of your vehicle. This can, and most likely will, make a difference in the procedure.
It is a 2002 Chevrolet Venture van. My wifes remote broke right of her key ring, after looking at it, it is a lot thinner in that area than my old 1998 venture and my 2004 duramax truck. Its almost like they changed the design and found out they went too cheap and went back. I know, its hard to believe they would cheapen a design isn't it!