Researcher claims 303 deaths from GM airbag failure

Researcher claims 303 deaths from GM airbag failure

Jim_Higgins

I see vehicles of all makes come in on the tow truck from accidents with varying airbags not deployed, when the damage to the vehicles shows they should have been.

I also see cars with air bag system faults that customer don't want to fix for $800....and they don't get fixed

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

The 300 nbr came form clarance ditlow who i think makes a living testifying on class action law suits. i remember his outfit came up with the large nbr on the toyota gas pedal sticking etc, they ended up with

  1. The lawyers are all over this form public opinion now and get large judgment on class action suits and the lawyers get most of the money and the people get penneys
Reply to
Tom

Just from seeing a crashed car on a tow truck you are able to reconstruct the accident and know the speed and impact points? You should be working for the FBI or CIA with you amazing talent.

I've seen some nasty looking sheet metal in minor crashes that were not hard or fast enough for airbags. But I'm not a pro.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

a head-on collision and a totaled vehicle are pretty obvious....and not "minor" by any stretch

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Without knowing more about the accident you cannot draw a conclusion. At times they do not deploy, such as an offset head on. You are just guessing. Your opinion does not make facts.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I have to agree with that. There is little goodwill from the auto makers. Their solution to any problem with your car is "buy a new one" That work a couple of decades ago.

The quality of cars has improved considerably over the years. In the

50's and 60's, if you bought a new car, a couple of weeks later you took it back to the dealer with a list of five to twenty five items that needed fixing or adjusting. Now, for most GM cars it is down to one to three. With my last three Hyundais though, it was zero.

GM drove me away because of problems they did not stand behind. Never thought I'd be driving anything but GM cars, especially a Hyundai, but I've learned.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski