Reset Oil Change Light

Hi All,
Just purchased a used 2003 Chevy Impala LS and I change my own oil and I would like to know how to reset the oil change light that comes on.
Thanks in advance for any help provided John
Hi, Check your owners manual, it'll tell you to hold the function change button in the dash which will reset it. Same button you use to reset the trip odometer.
Steve

Steve wrote:

However, on some cars, you have to push that button and hold it for 5-10 seconds before the reset happens. You can see this going on if the car has a Driver Information Center (DIC).
---Bob Gross---
Easiest way is to turn on the key with the engine off and press the accelerator pedal down to the floor 3 times in less than 4 seconds. Make sure you fully release the pedal each time. You can do it fast it works ok. Then wait about five seconds before turning off the key or starting the car.Any other way makes you go through menus on your radio or driver info center. We don't do it that way at the dealer.

change
Look it up in the owner's manual. It should be in there. I don't have that model of car to check, but other models have it in the book.
On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:22:49 GMT, "John"

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
Thanks for all the advice. I had read my owners manual and did not find it before I sent the first post. After everyone said it was in there I looked again and finally found it. The manual said I could use the radio or pump the gas pedal 3 times in less then 5 seconds with the ignition on, but the car not running. I did the gas pedal way as it was much quicker and it worked.
Thanks again John
wrote:

and I

I own a 2000 Impala LS and its owners manual has me reset through the radio panel, nothing about the accelerator pedal method. Roy