resetting oil light

I have a 2000 Pontiac Montana, and the "change engine oil" light has been coming on, I got the oil changed, now its still on, is there anyway to reset this?

Reply to
abomb69

It's in the owners manual. I have done it in my '01 Montana, but I can't recall the procedure off hand.

Reply to
80 Knight

Reply to
txgizmo

The oil change monkeys never bother with this, besides it varies between make, model year etc. Check your manual.

Reply to
doane_nut

Yes. It's right in the owner's manual.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I tried the pumping of the gas pedal, but nothing happened and the light still comes on immediately after starting it. I dont have a manual

Reply to
abomb69

....tried Google yet? Betcha it's there. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

There are many ways to reset the light, depending on the vehicle. DAGS and you'll probably find the way to reset yours. Call the dealer - they will tell you.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

That was my next step.

Call the dealer - they will

Reply to
abomb69

1.. Turn the ignition to ON without starting the engine. 2.. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds. . If the CHANGE OIL SOON indicator flashes two times, the system is reset.

. If the CHANGE OIL SOON indicator comes on and stays on for five seconds, try to reset the system again.

Reply to
johnoz19

Reply to
waynes93jeep