Risk of wheel bearing failure

My 98 Jimmy is starting to grind as I drive, and I suspect the front-left bearing. (Noise quites on turns).
How long can I delay this fix? (Due to cash flow problems) Is there are
risk the wheel will seize or fall off if I let the bearing get too bad?
Thanks, Mike
If the wheel bearing seizes your gonna be in a shitpot full of hurt. The tire will lock up at the minimum.

Cheapest I have found is $159.00

It's very re-assuring to know that your car is on the public roads. A couple seals and some grease shouldn't be a " save up for it " If you crash, how long will you have to save up for repairs. If you injure someone, just how long will you have to save up to cover * that * action. At minimum, you may damage the hubs excallating cost. Park the heap until its fixed !