RKE fob: revisit

i culled out 20 fobs thay have never been used from my bin. 15 - 05/06 impala's...5 - 05/06 malibu's.....i could not find any info on

that would help anyone program the fob's themselves so im not sure what can be done without a dealer and a tech2.........as mentioned in earlier post, i will send one fob for 15 dollars at lowest shipping rate with me paying freight. 4 or 5 days i expect.............i will start checking my hotmail account tomorrow if anyone wants to snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com..........thank you and i hope noone thinks of this as spam (yuk, pooey).............kjun

Reply to
Kjun

I need one for a 98 Buick LeSabre. I posted this earlier.. Did you receive it or have you killfiled me?

Reply to
<HLS

wrote in news:9apGh.5305$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net:

no. i havant killfiled anyone.....i cant say for sure if the ones i have will reachback that far...i dont know who to ask for such info...do you?

Reply to
Kjun

I'll see if I can research it, Kjun...Will get back to you

Reply to
<HLS

As far as I know, the absolute maximum distance between key fob years is 5. And I think it's even less with the newer ones, such as the ones you have for the 05/06 Impala and Malibu. I think most are only a couple of years. From what I can find, HLS needs a remote with an FCC ID of: KOBUT1BT which is the same as my '96 Bonnie. Also from what I can find, the '98 LaSabre can only use a remote with that code made from 1996 - 2000.

Reply to
80 Knight

Appreciate the info, Knight... Have been trying to research it, and haven't found a good solution. My wife still has her fop, but the extra one has been missing for a long time. It is irritating when I drive the car, but its time to buy a new car anyway.

Reply to
<HLS

I can see what you mean. Goes with the old saying "don't know what you've got, till its gone". If Kjun doesn't have any, your next best bet would be Ebay. I have bought a couple off there, and they work great. They usually even come with programming instructions (but,

does wonders too), and can usually be had (for cars our years) for around $25. Just make sure the numbers on the back of your wife's remote match the numbers on the back of the remote you are buying. If there is any doubt, call your local dealer and double check.

Reply to
80 Knight