Road and Track, October 2009

The new issue has some interesting reviews about cars, domestic and foreign.
There is a test of the Camaro, the Mustang, and the Challenger which may
be of interest to some. Surprisingly the Challenger had rather good performance while keeping the quietest cockpit of the three.
The general table in the back of this issue gives some test data on a lot of the cars but, unfortunately, they only tested the sportier GM models and not the most fuel efficient.
The most fuel efficient "reported" had EPA values of 50/48, and their actual test value of 40 mpg average.
Whether these tests and observations are any more objective than those of JD Powers and Consumer Report, I cannot comment.

This was misleading. I do not mean the most fuel efficient GM product... I mean, rather, the most fuel efficient of all cars reported.