Rotating my steering wheel

I have a '98 Regal GS I purchased an aftermarklet cd changer. The CD changer control could only be mounted where part of the steering wheel is blocking the display.
What I want to do is rotate the steering wheel about 15 degrees CW. This would allow me to see the changer control and give better sight of a few other Dash buttons.
Two possibilities I thought of was to pull the steering wheel and re-mount it in the new position(if possible). OR, Adjust the toe of the front wheels such that the steering wheel would then be in the desired position.
Any thoughts?
RE

Find a better spot to mount the control?
there is actually only one way to mount the steering wheel.. it's indexed to go on one way.. so your other option is to adjust the toe to move the wheel....Bobo

"Ryan Evans" wrote

My thoughts: "What a dumb idea!" Next week (after having the steering wheel moved) you will be complaining about the signal lights not canceling properly.
Ian
Ryan Evans wrote:

You could change the toe of the rear wheels so that the car dog-tracks. That way you would have to turn the steering wheel to compensate.
Now that's an awsome idea I wish I had thought of.... howabout different size tires on the front....

Just put the left side up to the MAX pressure, and the right side down at the recommended pressure, and get tires rated 44psi or more MAX

Yep, here are my thoughts. It is amazing how nothing is ever good enough for the American public. Have to spend the money on the better stereo, but wait...lets modify the safety features of my car, so I can turn my stereo so loud that I cannot hear the warning horn of another driver, or safety sirens behind me. BUT the sirens may be for me, because when I rear ended the car in front of me because I was looking at my brand new stereo control, the air bag did not deploy in its factory specified path. It only hit me 15 degrees CW of where it should have and I slid off of it and smacked my skull on some unprotected part of the dash board.
But wait there is more!! OR I could change the toe of my car, totally throwing off the tracking of that 4000 lb missile so I have to constantly have to pull the wheel to go straight. THEN when I want to change the song on the radio, I will forget to pull on the wheel and the caster settings of the car will inadvertantly try to make it go where it thinks is straight and end up in a ditch (thankfully not oncoming traffic) where they may not find my rotting corpse for a few weeks
Good thing I am an American and I can buy a cool new radio.
Find a better place for the control.
On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 01:57:39 GMT, "Eightupman"

And I always thought a remote control for a car stereo was a useless invention.
Vuarra
I'm really surprise nobody else thought of this.
Cut part of the steering wheel out at the 3 & 5 O'clock position.
All you cool guys with the loud radios hold the wheel at the 10 o'clock positon with your left hand.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~270,000 miles_~_~_
Buy another steering wheel . Small racing ones are still for sale I believe.

Ryan Evans wrote:

You can't just tilt it a couple of degrees when you need to read the changer control? Besides, you're supposed to be looking out the windshield, not reading the display on your cd changer.
Besides, that's a quick way to make your Buick look real stupid with an offset steering wheel.
Yeesh.
LMAO How bout you mount the control right on the windshield, that way its in full view (since it seems its not being used for much else...) Is this fer real??? LMAO