Rough 3800

Have a '96 LeSabre with the 3800. Under light acceleration (no downshift) I can feel a 'jerking' from the engine. With a downshift and higher rpm it is not noticeable. A computer check by the dealer shows no problems.
As an attempted fix, I replaced the sparkplugs and wires, no change. Has 56k actual miles and displays no additional problems, leaks, mileage change, etc. Any suggestions would sure be appreciated. Thx ! ! ! Gary
Plug wires are usually the culprit in the case you described. Maybe one of your coils is cracked. GW
Zork wrote:

The plug wires were replaced by the dealer by OEM wires, so it is unlikely they would be the problem....I think ? ? Would it make any sense to purchase a single coil and to replace like the old series xmas lites ? Plug it in, if no change, move it to the next, etc ? Thanks for your insight ! Zork ------------

I never promote part swapping, but if you have the $$$$ it's not unheard of. I would remove the coils and ignition module and look closely for any signs of carbon tracking, a telltale sign of trouble. You may also find a hairline crack from visual inspection. GW