Rough Idle with A?C running

Hi All

I have a 2002 Chevy Malibu with the 3.1 Engine. When I'm stopped at a traffic light with the A/C running, I get the worst vibration from the engine. If I throw the Trans into Neutral the vibration goes away. If I shut the A/C off it lessens it. What should I look for. The Car runs Great at all speeds and starts everytime. I've owned this car for about 3.5 months, the used warranty is about to expire. Any thoughts? suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Larry

Reply to
Larry Pagano

What should you look for? The dealer that has the warranty on it.

When the AC is on, the computer tells the engine to compensate for the added load. All sorts of thing are supposed to happen. A competent mechanic can easily cure the problem. I can't fix it, but I do know to go to the dealer if it is a warranty issue.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski