RPM In N Question, Please

Hello,
Have a 2009 Buick LaCrosse.
I have probably not looked at this recently, but when I put the gearshift into either N or P, and depress the gas pedal to the floor,
the indicated RPM never goes above 3,500.
Is this normal ? If not, what might it indicate ?
I "seem to" remember that it would go to about 6,000 when I did this previously, but I may be wrong about that.
Car seems to drive normally.
Thanks for help, as always, Bob
Bob wrote:

Situation Normal. ECU limits no load rpm to 3500-4000 on most cars. I forgot why.

Sounds like normal torque management. I saw something similar on my '96 Mercury Sable.