Rudy Giuliani's 1966 Chevrolet Corvair on eBay

http://easyurl.net/RudyCorvair

My god, will you look at that engine? Can you believe engines used to be that clean and simple?
Sweet car. Not my favorite color, but it is classic.
What Me Worry? wrote:

As I recall, that engine was held on with three bolts. One to the very rear (of the frame), the other two to the body (behind the back seat). I base on an incident from a few years ago when we spotted one where that bolt had broken and the engine was actually bummping on the ground! Sparks and all. Still ran! We honked and got their attention and they pulled over. Heh

x-no-archive:yes

I wouldn't pay 10 cents for that thing.

Well there you have it folks. I have always said that you can always tell a good presidential candidate by the way he takes care of his car. This car is filthy. A man takes care of his car the way that he takes care of his country. Stains on the carpet, bad paint, just plain dirty. 4 years of him running the country will leave the US dirtier with stains and scrapes. The man couldnt even get it painted and detailed before displaying it. The man has been on the take for years and must be a millionaire and can't afford the upkeep of an antique. Pure negligence as I am sure he would do the country.

According to Ralph Nader those cars were "Unsafe at Any Speed" so why hasnt Gooliani broken his neck in it??
Because Ralph Nader's book caused GM to revise the suspension on the car, vastly improving its handling. That change was in 1965, so this 1966 ws a better car than Nader criticized. I wish I had the money to buy it, I would love to have the car. Roy

hasnt
The original Corvair was a deathtrap, but the later versions were quite nice. There was even a 'Monza' (I think that was the name) with a turbo and 140hp that was REALLY nice.
But, Naders book killed the Corvair, and no amount of fixes that GM did could have saved the vehicle.
I had a 'Greenbriar'. It was an 8 door (yep, eight) van with the flat 6.
Mike

Highest bid $25,000 - didn't sell because the reserve wasn't met.