Rumor is..GM may sell a Division

Page 2 of 2
So you are employed by Powertrain Warren the home of the 4T65 that started out the 4-40?

Not at all, just did some research on them since GM wouldn't answer a couple questions about the 4T60. It's been a helluva durable tranny from all that I've seen without a problem, if GM would put that effort into newer ones they'd be among the best out there.

I can't argue that GM has very reliable transmissions compared to the competition. But they are behind somewhat from a technology perspective to say what Ford is putting in their 500 (just as one example). Now, I wouldn't be surprised if Ford's tranny craps out after 20K miles, but they can say their tranny is "advanced", I suppose. Personally, I choose a older reliable technology over a newer less tested technology.

Uh, Ford owns Land Rover.
I doubt there would be buyers for any GM division, including Saab.
John