rusty undercarriage pass or fail

i just picked up a roadmaster 93 with a rusty under carriage will that stop it from passing inpsection?

Reply to
Cramsworld

Shep

"" wrote: > i just picked up a roadmaster 93 with a rusty under carriage > will that stop > it from passing inpsection?

Inspection aside it may shorten its usefull life too if it is not "checked" from further damage.

Reply to
SnoMan

My big concern here is brake and fuel tubing, cars parked on lawns often suffer extensive damage, some cars develop a scale, that scrapes off, does little damage, mud and such hold moisture and destroy everything. If car is real nice otherwise, have undersides steam cleaned, and or sandblasted. Prime with red oxide primer, let it cure a week or two, than paint. FWIW Rustoleum rusty metal primer, and [ black ] enamel work as well as anything, and you don't pay all outdoors. I've had poor luck with POR 15, sticks well to rust, provides

  • no * corrosion inhibitors. Otherwise, makes good topcoat
Reply to
451CTDS

That's the first time I've heard a bad comment about POR-15. With a properly prepped surface (several steps) it's supposed to be damn near bombproof.

Reply to
SBlackfoot