S-10 Door Panel Removal

I'm trying to remove the driver's inside door panel on an 88 S-10. The tension spring on the inside door handle broke and I'm trying to replace it. How do I remove the panel without destroying it? I have a Chilton's manual but it's of little help (what a shock). Any guidance appreciated. TIA

Reply to
Sideshow Bob

Pretty simple really. If you have manual windows, you will need a window crank clip removial tool. There is a horse shoe clkip that holds it on.

Other then that, remove the arm rest screws. Then pry around the edges of the panel. Some times there will be a screw or two at the bottom. Other then that it just pops off. If the clips stay in the door, you will have to pry them out and reposistion them in the panel. If they break, most parts stores sell new ones, cheep. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig