S10 electrical manuals

I have a 96 S10 which i have been regularly trying to fix.. ;)
I bought the two book GM factory shop manuals for the truck. They are good, BUT they have very little electrical schematics
on the trucks electrical system. Was there a separate factory manual for electrical schematics?
On the after market side, any suggestions there? CHiltons maybe? Or what about these guys on Ebay with the manuals on CD rom?
Bob
-
Should be three books total if they are Helm books (those are the real factory manuals)
Vol. 1 is General info, HVAC, Steering, Suspension, Driveline/Axle, Brakes. Vol. 2 is Engine Vol. 3 is Transmissions, Body and Accessories and Restraints.
Electrical is covered in Vol. 3. They show all the wiring for standard and optional equipment with wire colors splices and functions.
--
Steve W.
Life is not like a box of chocolates
Steve W. wrote:

The manuals are the factory shop manuals GMT/96-ST-2 There are only two. It says 2 of two on the binder of the second book.
If there is a separate electrical, its NOT part of this set and i have not seen one out there. If there is one, i would like to ID what its called or its part number. There is some electrical in these books. But there is NO complete schematics or wiring diagrams.
Bob
-
I've gone to the Library, and copied info from Mitchell's Manual, their schematics have more easy to follow info than anyone's. * Judging with 1984 GM *

Bob, I use Mitchell on Demand & it is quite good on electrical schematics. If you could buy a cd or dvd--Mitchell uses double-layer dvd's on their latest edition-- for just your vehicle, by Mitchell, it should be good. (The entire prog. that I have would be way too expensive for use just on one car.) Google should help you find such a disc. HTH & good luck, s
sdlomi2 wrote:

Thanks for the referral. I see lots of these CD rom manuals on Ebay, but there heritage seems suspect. There are usually not any names mentioned. Hard to tell who made them or if they were pirated. If they were copies, i am surprised ebay has not shut down the auctions.
Bob
-

Try Auto Zone and Advance Auto Parts. s