S10 electrical manuals

I have a 96 S10 which i have been regularly trying to fix.. ;)

I bought the two book GM factory shop manuals for the truck. They are good, BUT they have very little electrical schematics on the trucks electrical system. Was there a separate factory manual for electrical schematics?

On the after market side, any suggestions there? CHiltons maybe? Or what about these guys on Ebay with the manuals on CD rom?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

Should be three books total if they are Helm books (those are the real factory manuals)

Vol. 1 is General info, HVAC, Steering, Suspension, Driveline/Axle, Brakes. Vol. 2 is Engine Vol. 3 is Transmissions, Body and Accessories and Restraints.

Electrical is covered in Vol. 3. They show all the wiring for standard and optional equipment with wire colors splices and functions.

Reply to
Steve W.

The manuals are the factory shop manuals GMT/96-ST-2 There are only two. It says 2 of two on the binder of the second book.

If there is a separate electrical, its NOT part of this set and i have not seen one out there. If there is one, i would like to ID what its called or its part number. There is some electrical in these books. But there is NO complete schematics or wiring diagrams.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

I've gone to the Library, and copied info from Mitchell's Manual, their schematics have more easy to follow info than anyone's.

  • Judging with 1984 GM *
Reply to
Paul

Reply to