s10 fuel problem

my 2001 s10 4.3(CSEFI) quit. The fuel pump was making a funny noise when I tried to restart it so I replaced the fuel pump and filter. Fuel pump now sounds just like it is supposed to, but it still won't start.
It starts and runs when I pour a little gas into the throttle body.
I think I have good fuel pressure.
Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks, Joe
yes
VERIFY fuel pressure

for that I will need a gauge with a schrader fitting, I will go find one.
I tested it the cowboy way- listened to the pump run normally for about 2-3 seconds, then waited about ten minutes and loosened the line at the filter and it started to spray a little, so I figured I have good pressure. Don't know if it is 55-60 psi like it is supposed to be, but I will check.
Is there a way to check (or over-ride) the fuel pressure sensor? My book is a little unclear, but it appears to behind the throttle body, right next to the fuel line fitting. It is a little wobbly- is that normal?
Thanks, Joe
fuel pressure is 57-58-59 something like that. Within specs.
Today's cars can't be diagnosed by old throw parts at it and keep guessing. You need to put an OBDII tester on it and diagnose it from the computer....

did you put the lines back on correct?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Yes. The old pump works when given proper voltage. The problem is in the dropped voltage. I think the sensor suggestion is going to be it. Will post the result. Still open for anyone's experience.
fuel pump relay not coming on at start to prime engine.. located on the fender of the drivers side. Cheers

hows the oil pressure there is a tie into the pcm with that and the fuel pressure relay