Sad day for America

Page 7 of 16
Mike Hunter wrote:

Actually I think it's Medicaid. But to the ignorant news media, they are one and the same and facts don't matter, so you hear it reported as Medicare as often as you do Medicaid.
--
Bill Putney
Bill Putney wrote:

Good point. More accurately, there are over 50 Medicaid programs. Each state has a different one. Walgreens is not accepting new patients in Washinton state. Patients already using Walgreens will be able to continue to use Walgreens, as well as patients in other states.
The reason Walgreens gave is that the state reimburses less than the cost of the drugs for 95% of the drugs. In other words, 19 out of 20 times, they lose money selling Medicaid drugs to patients.
Jeff
You are wrong again, Washington is not the only state and it is not only new prescriptions.

Mike Hunter wrote:

It is not new prescriptions. It is new patients.
I don't know about other states.
Jeff

Wrong again, they are still accepting new subscriptions from new "patients," but NOT if they are covered under Part "D."

Mike Hunter wrote:

What magazine are they subscribing to?

The Washinton state Journal ;)

Mike Hunter wrote:

No such thing.
Too bad you are not mature enough to have a mature conversation.
Jeff

It is in Washinton state. . where you said Walgreens is not accepting new patients, dr_jeff. ;)

You thing wrong, Walgreens is not longer accepting Medicare part "D" prescriptions. Call them and see for yourself.

It wasnt "made up" by anyone, but it was very badly interpreted by a lot of people. There was a call of end of life counseling. Taken to extremes, it was called a "death panel".
Is there any precedent? Yes. The medical industry can, (has and will probably go further), a concept called "denial of services". If you dont have the insurance coverage, and if you dont have the cash in hand, you may be denied services which would have kept you alive. In contra to some of the heroics of the past, this will be "pay as you go, or go earlier"
Ever notice when the BO and the Dims talked about "healthcare" they always were careful NOT to use the term "healthcare," but rather to use the words "people without HEALTH INSURANCE?"
The reason is they knew that under the "Hill-Burton Act," any American can walk into ANY hospital or Doctors office, that accepts Medicare reimbursements, and receive WHATEVER "HEALTHCARE" they needed, whether they had heath insurance or could afford to pay or not. NOBODY could legally be turned down, period.

hls wrote:

There's denial of service all the time.
Already, people with health insurance are losing their homes and going bankrupt because their health insurance doesn't allow for the care that is needed. It is one of the biggest causes of bankruptcy for people who have health insurance.

There is normally NOT denial of services if a person is hospitalized and goes into intensive care or death watch. Hospitals have not been kicking you out on the street, and have eaten the enormous expenses.
That may stop.
Are you referring the cancer patient referred to by BO in his last pep rally? If you are he LIED, as was the case with every other instance he referred! The truth is she did not loose her home and she was provided FREE treatment unto she died of her incurable cancer. Do a search for the truth once and a while before you comment, WBMA.

Mike Hunter wrote:

No, I am not referring to that particlular patient.
Jeff

On 21/03/2010 5:58 PM, lil abner wrote:

I can't rememebr the polician that said this, and I will probably slight it. But they said America will not be conquered by outsiders, it is the enemy from within that is to fear the most.
Well, the time has arived. A civil war of sorts. Liberal-losers-debtors on one side, and those on the other side getting dragged into the rabbit hole.
--
--------------
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.
Canuck57 wrote:

I don't know if you heard a quote of a modern politician or if it was from one of the founding fathers - possibly in the Federalist Papers. If you want to search it from early history, one of the key words should be "invader" or "invaders" - the quote I heard stood out because "invader" or "invaders" was used instead of "enemy" that most people today would have used. But it talked about the foreign invader, or invaders, and the inside invader(s) or invader(s) from within - I can't remember the exact phrasing that was used.
--
Bill Putney
Canuck57 wrote:

OK - found the one I was reminded of - it may not be the one you had in mind, but it was Samuel Adams:
"A general dissolution of the principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy.... While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but once they lose their virtue, they will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.... If virtue and knowledge are diffused among the people, they will never be enslaved. This will be their great security."
Also: "No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
The quotes were in two separate letters to James Warren.
--
Bill Putney
On 22/03/2010 4:12 PM, Bill Putney wrote:

Both are good, but the one I am thinking of came in the 1900's. But both above are good.
--
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.