Sad day for America

Hah! You are exactly right. It is exactly the kind of thing Norm Crosby would have said. What do they call them - malaproposims (after Mrs. Malaprop)?

He'll probably try to debate me now on the political topic, which will be hard for him/her to do now with any credibility.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Oops - malapropisms. I'm getting slap happy.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Hint: He's a troll. No one could seriously believe the tripe he posts.

They're called malapropisms. Crosby is the master.

Reply to
Conscience

Percentage of GDP spent on health care, or median percentage of personal income spent on health care. US is at 17% of GDP the next expensive countries are at 12%.

Not because it's a monopoly. We have more competition than most countries do. Britain, with its NHS, which provides most of the doctors and hospitals and has one of the lowest costs, around 8% of GDP. Japan, with a very different system, has about the same low cost.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

It's amazing that even self-made rich guys can be absolute idiots with crazy beliefs.

I didn't know Argentina was still a dictatorship that would force its critics into hard labor. I thought it's authoritarian junta was kicked out of power after Britain kicked Argentina out of the Falkland Islands, over 25 years ago.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

So why does the bill pretty much give private insurers everything they asked for? The industry said it would cover everybody if everybody was required to be covered, and that's about what the Obama is going to sign into law.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

We are screwed, any way you look at it. These days, Repubs run as Dems and Dems run as Repubs, just to get elected. Independents won't really be independent, either. They alwaws have a finger in the air to see which way the winds blowing.

Reply to
Dave

But it doesn't increase competition. Let's talk in about 5 or 10 years and see how that Obama thing is working for you (and everybody else).

Reply to
Bill Putney

I see you're one of those that believes everything he reads on the internet.

Reply to
Dave

Hey - if their fingers are in the air, at least we'll know where they are. It's when we can't see their fingers that we have to worry. I've had enough proctoscopics.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Talk is soooo cheap....

Reply to
Dave

Would you care to tell the nice folks what was promised to the Hispanic caucus last week to guarantee their vote? (hint: they pretended to be balking at Obamacare until they were given this guarantee)

Reply to
Bill Putney

Why worry about accuracy, now? You never have before.

Reply to
Dave

Oh, the irony.............

Reply to
Dave

Plonk. I'm tired of arguing with idiots like you. Go do something anatomically impossible to yourself. After you go play on the freeway.

Charles Grozny

Reply to
charlesgrozny

You seem to quite proud of that analogy, since you keep repeating it. How about explaining the relevance.

Reply to
Dave

Well, at least the independents don't have their hands up your arse or in your wallet, yet anyways.

Better to chance someone who might screw you than someone who has.

Reply to
Canuck57

Yes - it's a pretty good analogy. I wouldn't think it would need to be explained, should be pretty obvious. But here it is: The action that was taken does not fix the problem (in my analogy - the leg is broken, but the "cure" does not fix the problem), *and* the action that was taken creates new problems that are even worse than the original problem that it was *claimed* was being "fixed" (what was previously a perfectly good arm has to now be amputated due to the action that was taken). So now, you are stuck with the original problem *and* a new, even worse, possibly irreversible, problem.

That had to be explained? I mean - you recognized that it was an analogy. Yet you could not make the connections (and I have a sneaky feeling that will be the case, or at least will be pretended to be the case). If so, then there is no use in me explaining it further.

The best I can do is to tell you to wait a few years if this is not overturned. At that time, the meaning will be obvious to you by then.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Both are good, but the one I am thinking of came in the 1900's. But both above are good.

Reply to
Canuck57

Go ahead and think so.

Will just take time now to change your mind. Watch your net pay in the next year or two. You do work no? Or just a leach on the ass?

Reply to
Canuck57