Sad day for America

Page 9 of 16

Define expense. We have one of the most expensive health care systems, to the recipient, in all the world.
Some other societies subsidize it, and someone still has to pay, BUT they dont necessarily pay as much as the US does.
In the USA, health care is a monopoly of sorts. And it costs dearly.
hls wrote:

Percentage of GDP spent on health care, or median percentage of personal income spent on health care. US is at 17% of GDP the next expensive countries are at 12%.

Not because it's a monopoly. We have more competition than most countries do. Britain, with its NHS, which provides most of the doctors and hospitals and has one of the lowest costs, around 8% of GDP. Japan, with a very different system, has about the same low cost.
That is about what we expect to hear from one who is apparently already being taken care of by the government
message

It will pass.
I hope everyone loves the dims and their healthcare. They will be needing it when they get the bill and find out how they gave away the worlds best healthcare.
Oh well, enjoy the moment dims.

I caught the tail end of an interview in which the congressman said something about a limit of eight doc visits per year. I don't know if he was referring to some state program or this one. After that, you pay the full amount. Don't hold me to it, as I was just walking into the room.
If true, there're going to be a lot of pissed off people.
Conscience wrote:

Eight visits! I get two a year with my insurance, which doesn't leave enough for the tests the doc wants. Then the "free money" that I paid up front is gone and it's out of pocket after that until the 5500 deduction is reached. So I'm paying 4K a year for two doctor visits a year so I can get a couple of 4 dollar scrips filled at wallyworld. You bet I'm for this health care bill, the insurance companies brought it on themselves. I'm going to have to have a couple of heart attacks to ever break even on what I've paid for health insurance. There is health care rationing now, and I'm one of those that are rationed.
Ya right!
message wrote:

On 21/03/10 6:02 PM, FatterDumber& Happier Moe wrote:
<snip>

Go to Canada for health care, like Sarah Palin, you communist.
SMS wrote:

See how the civilized world does *real* healthcare. The bill has been passed, is now law, will never be repealed anymore than Medicare or Social Security will ever be repealed, it will be tweaked as Social Security and Medicare were.
It is here to stay :-)
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sickaroundtheworld/countries/models.html
Watch: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sickaroundtheworld/view /
--
Service Guarantees Citizenship

Social Security was tweaked alright, so it could be robbed by the Politicians, that is why it is Bankrupt today.
The healthcare will Bankrupt the country, in less than ten years. No county can spend trillions of dollars it does not have and not go Bankrupt.

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:15:39 -0400, Jim_Higgins wrote:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sickaroundtheworld/countries/models.html
Can you say DOUBLE DEPRESSION!
I wonder how many of you that think the so called health care bill is a GOOD thing, would like to see the government pass a law that says if you don't own a car you MUST buy one from GM?

Better analogy: the car is like your body. Being forced to buy health insurance is akin to being forced to buy car insurance.
Obveeus wrote:

Even better analogy is being force to buy clothes.
What?

Dr Jeff must be one of Dr Brinkley's students.
Charles Grozny
They are very different animals. The car insurance that one is required to buy is to protect OTHERS whom you may injure while enjoying the PRIVILEGE of driving on the public highways.
One is not required to buy parts "B" or "D" but the current law is forcing YOU to buy a commodity from the very people who BO and the Dims have been saying who are the CAUSE of our so called "healthcare problem," the INSURANCE companies. If you do not buy healthcare insurance from an insurance company you will be fined an additional 3.5% on you GROSS income. If you don't pay the extra tax you can be put in jail! Is that the change you expect when YOU voted for these loons? Is it any wonder 3/25/2010 will all go down in infamy along with 12/7/1941 and 9/11/2001? LOL

insurance is akin to being forced to buy car insurance.

You sure you not smoking the shix Mike, :) seems like a paradox, LOL. Mebey the obama is the one who's smokin-it-shix.
Too funny, but maybe it's not in the long run.

What?

Obveeus wrote: Being forced to buy health insurance is akin to being forced to buy car insurance. ______________________________________________________________
Both situations are bizarre; if public insurance coverage must be universal, it should be paid through taxes, administered by free-enterprise businesses, and monitored for recipient/ administrator/provider fraud by government auditors.
Government mal-administration of mandatory car insurance purchase has left us with no protection from being harmed by the worst, most dangerous drivers, who refuse to pay for the required insurance. Please don't point out that it's not "mandatory" if you give up the right to drive.
Government administration of mandatory health insurance payment by individuals is a new proposition. A whole new government bureaucracy will be needed to administer the extraction of cash from individuals, under complex formulas, instead of just funding the insurance through the tax code.
People are accustomed to paying taxes according to whatever class they are in with respect to income size, property value, or item purchases, but I hope that 300 million citizens are not going to placed into a data base so government tax collectors can identify them and take payments from them individually.
It's a nightmare in the making.
Rodan.
.