Safari loose serpentine belt

I have a 1989 GMC Safari with 4.3L engine. My serpentine belt runs from my tensioner to my alternator, down to power steering pump, up to water pump, down to crankshaft, up to A/C compressor. Van was making
noise. I noticed that the tensioner is at maximum deflection (straight down). I removed the belt and inspected that no pulleys were loose. Belt is in good shape. I have heard the accessory bracket can crack, but I don't see any cracks. It seems that the most likely part to have moved is the power steering pump. Could that bracket have bent? Any thoughts? I'm stumped.
Barry
Barry Minchey wrote:

The only time I have seen belts on too tight is when they were either the wrong belt or were routed wrong.

How old is it? Even though it looks good to the eye, it may be stretched a bit.
belt is 6 months old

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 15:15:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@gmpexpress.net (Barry Minchey) wrote:

Bad belt? Wrong belt?