Saturn Help

I just finshes swapping engines in a 1994 Saturn SL2, with the 1.9 Dual over head cams. Only to have the starter in-operable.
The old engine was locked up (bent a good 22 inch breaker bar getting
the torque conveter bolts out). Yet the starter would attempt to engage when I was diagnosing the old engine.
I have all the wires, execpt for MAS hooked up. I have the purple wire on the 'S' terminal, the positive cable, and the shunt cable inplace. All the grounds are in place.
I don't have a diagram for the car, I need to figure out where the relay for the starter is. Or why else the starter soliniod is not even making a sound. Charles yes the battery under load does test at 11.5 volts, and 13.6 not loaded.

Dual
when
wire
Not sure it'll help but here's the starting circuit for the car. http://home.wi.rr.com/schmste8/images/1.tif if you need any more just let me know

getting
All
loaded.
me
Thank you! Ill mess with the car again on monday, and let you know. Charles
Any chance you haven't hooked up a ground cable?

That was one of the first things we checked out. Since I R&R'ed the engine. All ground wires are properly located and bolted in.
Then I checked out the starter wiring circut. All good there. Then I checked for power at the starter, good at both the 'S' & main terminals.
Tried tapping the starter motor & soliniod. Nothing, tried jumping it, and tapping. Nothing. Yet the 'S' wire does have power.
Dropped the starter. Did a basic bench test. It will not do work them just humm. I may have burned out the motor attempting to turn a locked up engine with it.
Now today I get to hunt down a used starter. Charles
Charles Bendig wrote in alt.autos.gm

Good luck on the used starter. I did that route once, saved a bit of money, but had to take the first on back because it didn't work. Luckily I could drive another car, but a major pain to r and r the starter twice. Go the extra bucks and buy a good starter.
--
Dick #1349
Went out this morning and bought a used starter, for $30. 90 Day warrantee, from one of the few places in town that have a used one. New ones ranged from $125 to $150 (ouch!).