Saturn Tansmission Problems

The Customer who's Saturn I just did a engine swap on called me yesterday. The Engine runs fine, but now the transmission is having an issue.
The customer purchased this car with a bad engine. Every thing other
then the engine was supposed to be alright. When I swaped engines I did not take the torque converter out, nor did I need to pull the radiator (enough room with it in), so I did not need to disconnect the transmission cooler lines.
Once running, I checked the transmission fluid after cycling the shifter thru the gear ranges. Then I let the car idle for 45 minutes (15 with the A/C on to test for over heating), then checked the transmission fluid level again.
When the customer came to pick the car up, I had not had a chance to road test, and informed them of that. Yet when I moved the car around my shop revserse and drive gears engaged correctly. Although I did not move faster then idle (as not to kick stones up on the car).
When the customer called me, they told me the transmission is: Reving up, clunking, then engauging Reverse. I checked with a transmission tech I know who was a bit stumped. He suggested trying to drive it, and recheck transmission fluid levels, and to change the fluid and externial filter.
I kind of feel bad for the customer as they just spent $755 parts & labor on this engine swap. I would hope I could adviod the extra charges for them of me having to swapout transmissions.
Specs: 1993 SL2 1.9 Twin Cam, automatic with perfromance mode (shift selector only goes to 2nd like on 94 to 97 F-bodies)
Any Ideas? Charles
Charles, am in the same business and have had this happen several times. Did the trans work prior to you working on the vehicle? Probably no one knows, right? This is the risk the buyer took when they purchased a vehicle that could not be road tested. Unless there is some type of PCM relaern here, this unit will most likely come out.

not
(enough
shifter
level
charges

other
cooler
the
Reving
recheck
Saturn electronics are not similar to GM in general, you should have a trans cartridge for the scanner to really do electronic diagnosis. But slippage and delayed engagement and clunks are usually internal

did
chance
my
move