Saw a Colorado today

Page 1 of 2
I can't wait until I can afoord one, looks like a NICE truck. It was a blue Z71, with body colored flares., I REALLY wish I could plunk down that kind of money. Was at the local dealer, price on the
sticker was 27,000 and change...

blech....
So that means in about 7 years I might buy one. never seen the need to buy a purdy truck when I am just gonna use and abuse it.

What is a Colorado? I used to live in one.....

New Chevy mid-size pickup. The GMC variant is called the Canyon.
KB

was

Agreed (with the "blech"). Damn these things are ugly. $27,000 and looks like shit. Yeah, makes me want to go right and sign up. No disrespect, I realize we all like different things. I just keep thinking how great Chevy trucks used to look and how disappointed I am in what they're producing today. I do hope that they turn out to be really good vehicles to fight off the Toyotas and Nissans. Denny
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Denny) wrote in message ...

Well the Toyota & Nissan trucks are pretty high on the ugly scale too. Especially ugly were the Toyotas of a couple years ago with the Buick-rip off grill. The Nissan with the integrated bumper/grill just looks dumb.
Jap trucks have a long way to go to even get close to American ones.
I would never buy a new truck even if I did have the money. Wait and get one broken in and save a lot. My next truck will be a 8-10 year old 3/4 ton chevy in good condition for a good price which I plan to start looking around for next year. Its not considered a real truck until its at least 5 years old.

I'm not trying to be rude, but was it really a "Z71 Colorado"? I thought Z71 was reserved for the full size trucks.
Tony
It is and get this you an buy a Z71 2 wheel drive as well

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:31:49 -0600 (CST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Tony V.) wrote:

It's an oof-road suspension package. Apparently GM is extending it across the pickup truck line, dunno if it'll make it to the Trailblazers like it has to the Tahoe/Suburban. Didn't know it was offered on the 2WD, funny how they don't make it 4WD only...

Comon, everyone lifts their 2WD truck and puts super swampers on them these days, not like they will ever take them offroad.
Before I got my monte I was considering getting the Lifted 4 door S-10 model, the one that kinda looks like a baby avalanche, but the bed was too short to be useful for when I would need a truck.

one
Makes one wonder what kind of women interest you ...
VLJ

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 01:06:58 +0000, Bud Lite wrote:

In 2001 when I was shopping the used truck prices were way too high. I did not consider "bigger" was better. I wanted something reliable which would haul me and my dirtbike. The A/C had to work. It had to go 70 MPH with the A/C on. After several months the $3,000 rebate offered on 4 cyl 5 speed Sonoma looked awfully darn good.
Got just about the cheapest Sonoma made that year. Long bed was essentially the only upgrade. I'd wish for less wind noise around the doors but otherwise it fills the task very well.
If it has carpeting on the floor then its an SUV, not a truck.

but what if its shag carpet held in place with drywall screws?
then ya might be a true redneck

David Kelly wrote:

Hey, you can put a SBC in the back of my 86 S15 Jimmy 4x4! The hardest part was moving it forward after lowering it off the hoist and trying not to snap off the tailgate. You can strap a 28' extension ladder to the roof. It has enough rust so you can change the rear shocks without a jack. :)
Hi!
Nice truck...the color fits the location.
But who needs a Duramax? I don't...yet! :-)
http://greyghost.dyndns.org/the_rig/bigrig.JPG
http://greyghost.dyndns.org/the_rig/two-rigs.JPG
wrote

Hmmm, thats not much less than a Silverado, I'd rather go full size!
V.B.