Saw a Colorado today

I was looking at new trucks a couple of weeks ago and had it narrowed down to a GMC Sierra or a Canyon. I drove a Canyon and quickly decided on the Sierra. The truck was cheaply furnished inside and even the salesman told me the sales staff were disappointed in the new mid-size GM trucks. Incidentally, the Canyon not only has a twin (Chevy Colorado), but a triplet (Isuzu D-Max). The D-Max apparently was part of a conceptual team project that spun off the three vehicles, or so I've heard. Here's a pic of the D-Max if you're interested.

I love my Sierra SLT Extended Cab.

Reply to
Ann Meffert

The D-max is a commercial truck. It has a smaller Diesel engine and a stripped interior. it was designed and marketed as a work truck, but a "toy" like most trucks here in Southern CA.

Reply to
Trey

Reply to
Ann Meffert

I don't know, I like the looks of the D-max better then the Colorado. I really like the engine options fro the D-Max. They should bring it to the US, I would get one... IF it was not way over priced like the Colorado.

What ever happened to having simple trucks?

Reply to
Trey

They're still out there. But the engines and computerized systems are pervasive. Just opening the hood on my new truck is frightening. I don't know a thing about what's under the hood, and I used to tune up and replace a few parts on my old '78, until resuscitating it was going to require an engine transplant. That's when I knew it was time to find a replacement or start doing some very long walks. I hope this one runs as long as the one it replaced. If it does, I'll either be retired or .....!

What ever happened to having simple trucks?

narrowed

mid-size

Reply to
Ann Meffert

I had a '71 Ford F250, I would just climb up into the engine bay, and work on it. MY current truck, a 99 Dakota, is still ok, but starting to get taken over by wires. I am sure my next truck, I wont even pop the hood. I just don't want to see it.

Reply to
Trey

I think that died a long time ago... around the same time that people started getting the notion that EVERYTHING must be controlled by a God-damn computer.

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

These are all toys. I'd take my Silverado any day....

V.B.

Reply to
vb

I'm sure you would. The Silverado is a great truck, but I have no use for a truck that size, and do not want to park, drive, or fill, that thing as my main transportation. The Colorado is closer to my price range, and closer to fitting my needs for a truck. A lot of people buy a truck for status, and not utility.

Reply to
Trey