seat belt - 90GA

Im trying to get a penny out of my seat belt latch. I just removed the latch from the floor, but theres two wires that go up into the latch. I figure those wires are for the seat belt light on my dash.
Should i cut them?
Ive tryed using a scwerdriver, knife, etc.... it wont come out.
Any throughts?
If it's a copper penny, you could solder a stiff wire to it, I don't know if you can solder to an alloy penny. The wires are for the seat belt, you could cut + splice, but there should be a snap connector. A cut down piece of milk bottle plastic might be slipped in which would keep latch from grabbing penny, allowing removal. A dental pick is a good bet for these weird jobs.

Thanks for the reply. I just turned it upside down and it fell out. Guess i got lucky.