Secondary Air System malfunction

I have a 2001 GMC Sonoma 4x4 and the check engine light is on. The code is P0410. This codes means Secondary Air System Malfunction. We ordered a new
air pump & new hose assembly from GM. The pump even had a new vacumn switch with it. Check engine light right back on! So we replaced the two fuse under the hood behind the battery.( Max 30A & Typical 10A) Check engine light back on again! So we bought the two one way exhaust check valves on each side of the motor and the whole new hose assembly attached to it, that connects to the air pump. Check engine light back on again! This is really upseting me. We can't figure out what to do to get the light to stay off. I researched it on the internet & have done exactly what everyone has reccommened! Can someone out there please HELP!!!!!!! After $500-$600 I still have the same problem!!!
Thank You so..... much for this information. I will have my mechanic go through all the steps you have listed to determine the problem!!!! Let ya know what happens. Thanks again!!!
Silver Surfer wrote:

also-check the valve(not the two downstream at the manifolds) but the one off the celoniod, ( the celonoid mounted on the air pump assembly that you got from GM), this celonoid opens a valve that allows the air to the manifold valves. Keep us updated to your findings! JP
Ok. We will check out all of this too. It may be a few days before I get back to you, but I will let you know what our findings are! Thank you so much for all the information!!!!!!!! It's greatly appreciated!!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Thank you for your help & advice! We haven't replaced the O2 sensor yet but I will check it out & the wires too. I will get back to you & let you know what we find.