Seized motor, first spin

My truck was stolen recently, but their was no motor oil in it.... They left it roughly 4 miles further down the road. I found it with the battery dead and I presume that the motor is seized or badly
damaged. What would be the best sequence to use BEFORE trying to spin the motor - exluding putting oil in which figures out... Also, what could be the possible extent of damage incurred to the motor - Would it be visible from the outside - Coolant loss, heat signs of any kind ans so on... Thanks

Fill it with oil and try to fire it up. Most likely damage is all internal - bearings, rings, etc.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

That sucks. In four miles, it probably did not heat up enough to have any external signs, just things like bearing freezing up. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will fire up with oil, but you can be sure there is internal damage. Or, it may never turn again.

DEFINITELY pull the plugs, put lots of oil in each cylinder, first. If it's manual transmission, maybe rock it in high gear, trying to get a few slow revolutions. Otherwide consider putting a large socket on the damper bolt and trying to do some revolutions.
You want to get oil in the metal-to-metal places!
Definitely crank it with starter only, plugs out, until you get oil pressure, before starting it...
I had a drain plug fall out years ago, did this drill, and the engine ran for several years after.
Good Luck!!!