share price

Page 1 of 2
wrote:

The GM share price is now below $20 and heading south.
The latest prediction about cars that will be sold 2008 is below 15.000.000
Like I said the market has grown. It was not too long ago, when the market hit 8,000,000, that GM sold around half of all vehicle sold in the US. They sell far more vehicles today against far more competators
Actually GM stock price is closer to $30 and the the first quarter divindend yield was near 9% ;)

Last trade $19.47 http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GM
highest was close to $100
Last trade $19.47 http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GM
highest was close to $100
In today's economy, GM is one of the least likely stocks that I would choose.
Really? Do you know an other stock where one can get a nearly an 8% return on a $20 investment? ;)
wrote in message news:ad4dc568-cecc-4156-bc5d-

Earnings Estimates    Qtr(3/08)    Qtr(6/08)    FY(12/08) Average Estimate    -0.61     0.04     -0.19 Number of Analysts    11     9     13 High Estimate     0.20     1.15     3.27 Low Estimate     -2.25     -1.71     -5.50 Year Ago EPS     0.17     2.29     -0.04 Growth Rate     -460.96%     -98.30%    -376.92%
The earnings estimatesfor Gm are really bad
The rate of return for the first quarter of 2008 was 7.7%
wrote in message news:ad4dc568-cecc-4156-bc5d-

Earnings Estimates Qtr(3/08) Qtr(6/08) FY(12/08) Average Estimate -0.61 0.04 -0.19 Number of Analysts 11 9 13 High Estimate 0.20 1.15 3.27 Low Estimate -2.25 -1.71 -5.50 Year Ago EPS 0.17 2.29 -0.04 Growth Rate -460.96% -98.30% -376.92%
The earnings estimatesfor Gm are really bad

The first quarter is not over yet and the outlook is not positive

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/mar2008/bw20080318_159697.htm?campaign_id=yhoouk
Bleak Forecasts for Ford and GM As the New York Auto Show prepares to open, shares of battered U.S. automakers struggle amid growing economic uncertainties
by David Kiley
Just in time for the New York Auto Show this week, and a major investors' conference, General Motors (GM) and Ford (F) shares are trading at 52-week lows with further declines in sight.
GM shares on Mar. 17 fell 7.2% to $17.83, which is lower even than the drop in 2006 when whispers of bankruptcy were swirling around the world's biggest automaker. Ford shares closed at $5.11. On Mar. 18, shares of both automakers were nosing upward, along with the broader market, after the Federal Reserve moved to bail out investment bank Bear Stearns (BSC) and its announcement of a 75-basis-point cut in the federal funds rate.
The share prices of the two publicly traded U.S. automakers, though, reflect terrible fundamentals and a bleaker outlook for consumer confidence and auto sales for the rest of the year. February auto sales reflected what automakers and research firms forecast as a 15.2 million rate of sales for the first half of the year. The same rate is projected for the second half, but some analysts say sales could slip further for the year even after tax rebates from the U.S. government stimulus package and regular tax refunds end up in mailboxes in May and June. Challenges in the Months Ahead
On Tuesday, J.D. Power & Associates (which, like BusinessWeek, is a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies (MHP)) forecast 2008 auto sales to fall to 14.95 million, the lowest level of sales since 1994. "While the automotive industry's slow performance in January and February certainly contributes to the anticipated drop in new-vehicle sales, declining consumer confidence and spending, as well as turbulent financial and economic market conditions, are primarily driving the decline," said Jeff Schuster, executive director of automotive forecasting for J.D. Power & Associates.
"The downturn in retail sales--coupled with declines across the fleet market--also contributes to the overall reassessment of new-vehicle sales for 2008," said Bob Schnorbus, chief economist at J.D. Power & Associates. "Unfortunately, the current economic environment is fraught with uncertainty and risk--with the financial crisis, worsening oil prices, and weak housing and stock markets steadily impacting other sectors of the economy. As such, our revised forecast is better positioned to reflect the challenges automakers will face in the months ahead."
General Motors' plight is exacerbated by a strike at one of its key suppliers, Detroit-based American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings (AXL), which supplies parts for GM's pickup trucks, SUVs, and some of Chrysler's vehicles as well. GM has had to idle 30 plants for want of parts. The interruption in production could cost GM around $300 million in the first quarter. GMAC Caught in Mortgage Mess
Standard & Poor's (also owned by McGraw-Hill) said Mar. 17 that it is reviewing the credit ratings of GM and three of its large suppliers that are also affected by the strike. Robert Schulz, an S&P analyst, said the strike by 3,650 United Auto Workers union members, which began on Feb. 26, "has gone on long enough to possibly begin to affect the financial resources of GM and those suppliers most exposed to the automaker."
GM also is contending with troubles at Troy (Mich.) auto parts supplier Delphi, which may need more cash from GM, its former parent, to emerge from bankruptcy later this year. Also weighing on the automaker is financial turmoil at GMAC, the financial-services company, of which GM still owns half. GMAC lost $2.3 billion last year as more U.S. borrowers struggled to repay home and vehicle loans. GMAC's mortgage unit, Residential Capital, alone lost $4.3 billion as high-risk borrowers defaulted on mortgages, a trend that's shaking the lending industry.
Apparently now is the time for smart investors to buy more GM and Ford stock
wrote in message

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/mar2008/bw20080318_159697.htm?campaign_id=yhoouk
Have to give us a reason to first. GM and Ford need to have a product line that promises a recovery, and I have only seen limited bright spots. Otherwise they haven't hit bottom yet.
nate
Mike hunt wrote:

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
wrote in message

wrote in message

I understand your sentiment, but of course you know that all the GM stock on the market has already been sold and is not any asset at all to GM.
If they want to have new issues of stock to raise more money, then the investor would have to consider whether they are worth risking one's money.
It appears our friend is not a stockholder merely a GM hater LOL

You keep holding that GM stock and we'll see who's laughing in five years. I hope I'm wrong but I don't really think so.
nate
Mike hunt wrote:

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
I wouldnt have even seen Hunt's post ordinarily. I killfiled him a few weeks ago.

Why would you do that? He's so amusing to watch. You should marvel at his superiority...Or you can just laugh at his AOL style post's... LOL OMG JUST KIDDIN.,.,.,,,...OMG LOL!!!!!!11

I was referring to the dividend paid in the first quarter.

Better do a bit more research before you chose to comment further on a subject of which you obviously have little or no knowledge Actually GM stock price has been higher, that was why it split two for one on two ocassions since i first pruchased GM stock LOL