Shift Cable - 1987 Buick Century 2.8

Hello,

Woke up this morning to drive to work. I shifted the car to reverse and the shifter went all the way down. Car got stuck in reverse. So.. after looking at the shifter cable, I noticed the white shift cable end came off the lever to the transmission. My questions are.. What holds the white end of the shift cable to the male end of the transmission lever? Looking at the lever.. it appears to want a C-Clamp.. but looking at the white end of the cable I dont see anyway a c-clamp could be used. Would that white end have had a clamp built in it? Meaning I'd have to replace the cable? Or is there a clamp I can get to hold it on? If so, How would I put it on? Thank you for your answers in advanced.. I have never used the newsgroups before and seeing its still early in the A.M shops and stores are all closed I figured might as well try here. :( ooops almost forgot.. lol I dont work on cars.. so my knowledge is really basic.. If I can get a clamp to install the white end back on.. dont laugh at me now.. hehe I am assuming the flat part of the white end is the bottom.. correct? not the rounded end? thanks :-)

Reply to
Gary

I think you may have had one of those ends that are held on with something like solder or lead. A fix may be to buy a couple of cable ends with screws to fasten them to the cable. I bought one of those blister packs with 3 different sizes and one of them fit.

Reply to
Scott