Shifter for 2000 Alero.

My wife has a 2000 Alero with the 4 Cylinder engine and an Auto Trans. The button that you depress when to shift has broken off. Gluing doesn't look like an option as there doesn't seem to be enough contact. I have contacted several junk yards in the area and have had no luck. I am trying to avoid the dealership (and the cost associated with them) if I can. The auto parts place I usually go to can't help me and I can't locate the part # for any of my online options. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated at this point.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Reply to
Robert Murphy

If you can get the same color shift knob - one from another model should fit - like a Grand Am Knob. I did just that when I had an 89 Z- 24 with a 90's Grand Am shift knob. I liked the Grand Am better as it was cocked to the right on the shaft, felt better on the hand to, whereas the Chevy knob was straight on the shaft.

Did you try pricing a new one ? There not that expensive.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,555 miles
Reply to
Harry Face