Shocks for 2001 Silverado

My Silverado 1500 Extended Cab has about 50,000 miles on it. The ride has worsened notably since I bought it (at 25,000 miles). So I'm in the market for new shocks and am looking for advice.
I expect to keep the truck at least 50,000 more miles. I mostly drive it back and forth to work (30 miles daily), but also tow a 5000 lb travel trailer 6-10 times a year (planning a long trip with it next spring.) The truck has the factory towing package, rated for 8300 lbs. The trailer has a weight distribution hitch, so tongue weight is not excessive when towing. I somewhat favor ride over handling, and am willing to spend a few extra bucks to get quality.
Any advice out there? Recommend some brands over others? Any specific technologies to look for?
Thanks in advance...
Rick wrote:

I just replaced the factory Bilsteins in my 96 Silverado with the HD Bilsteins. Yeah, they are pricey ~$250 for the set. But, I expect them to last at least another 100K. And it rides like a new truck only better. Mike