Should I buy a GM? or should I jump ship?

Page 4 of 4
Johnny Action wrote:

The 3.8 doesn't have the problems that the others do if you maintain the coolant properly. OF course, this means only the 3.8 and a few cars like the Vibe and some of the Caddys are worth considering. (The Vibe because it has a Toyota designed engine that's bulletproof and GM styling and interior instead of Toyota's plastic ick)
> My concern is the new 3.9 v6 that they will have, they

Yep. The re-engineered 3.8(3.6 IIRC?) is also more of this same nonsense. Just get something like an Impala with the 3.8 in it and enjoy 150-200K miles before it finally dies.
My car, my sister's, my father and mother's - all span 18 years of LeSabres and PArk Avenues with the 3.8 engine. So far, none of them have had any problems with the engine itself. Tons of sensors and other assorted problems like most cars, but the engine might as well be a Camry or Honda V6, it's so bulletproof.
GM will have huge discounts in about 2-3 months, so wait and save :)
You show me a "Little man" that understands of what you said, give me 2 years with them and I will show you someone that is making a residual six-figure income and will not need to wory about "what the company did or said" bucause their income will be secure.
Nick Narcowich 1-866-548-4857 Voice mail John Paul Getty once said, "In order for a person to become wealthy, you must do three things. (1) Identify a product that everyone wants and needs, (2) Duplicate yourself, (3) Be self-employed." Well that is exactly what Market America can do for you. To know more, call me. 408-567-0364 To find the proper balance of Nutritional supplements for your optimal health, take advantage of the Nutri-Physical, after all, it is Normal to be healthy.
For Total control over your own website...
Nick

they
after
employees
CEO
faith
Nick Narcowich wrote:

Right...but Amway is only for the very few.
Ian

<clip>
Running it into the ground?

I prefer American metal.
--
2001 Grand Prix GT
http://727tj.tripod.com /
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:30:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@KNOThotmail.com (TJ 727) wrote:

But you just had to love all those "K" cars Mopar put out after the bail-out.....NOT!

Me too !!
If it aint a GM it just isn't an automobile. <bg>.

Generally the Japanese (Toyata in particular) are no harder to repair than today's "american" iron. The parts are generally no more expensive, and the dealers are less likely, statistically, to rip you off.
And you generally don't need to repair the Jap stuff nearly as often either.
I had to do some work on my wife's Ford this week - and the bandits double charged me for some gaskets. Bag says i pkg of 2, I paid for 2 pkg of 1. I'm going back on Monday to raise a little hell. At $27.00 for a pair it's bad enough ------. The
That may be your personal opinion but I have no idea where you get your information to develop that opinion. I doubt you work in the industry. From what we see in our fleet service business, that does warranty and maintenance for most manufactures, Toyota parts do not only cost more generally than those of domestics, they cost a lot more, generally. A power steering pump for a Cadillac can be had for around $500, for a Lexus it is more like $1,500. Your assumption that Toyotas do not need to be repaired as often is flawed as well. The failure rate among Toyotas is on a par with the vehicles of most every other manufacture. As too Toyota dealerships they are way below the average on J D Powers customer satisfaction list every year.
Every manufacture is making good quality vehicle today. The only real difference among brands that we see is style and price, period. If customer surveys of all types of vehicles and brands were in percentages, rather than as a list of averages, you would find all brands to be in the 98% to 99% range as good vehicles.
mike hunt
snipped-for-privacy@sny.der.on.ca wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

Funny how these folks that love the asian autos so much just have to chat on a GM forum. I guess they couldn't find alt.toyota.sucks One thing I do know Mike, every one has an opinion and most of the time it's the wrong one.
I said it once and I'll say it again,"if asians autos never broke then why does every asian made auto dealer have a service department?". GM cars require service more often because there are more of them out on the road. Pretty basic math.
Now that Toyota is selling vehicles by the millions rather than by the hundreds of thousands, more Toyotas that are not up to snuff are showing up, as well. From what we see the so called superior quality of Japanese cars is a myth held only in the minds of their owners. Every manufacture is building good quality vehicles today
I have a collection of old cars that I take to various old car shows around the country. The Japanese have been selling vehicles in the US for over 50 years, if they are so superior to domestics where are the old ones? Except for an RX7 or a 'Z" on occasion one hardly ever see an old Japanese car at a show. Last week I attended an all British car show. There are even all Italian car shows, but have heard of an all Japanese car show ;)
mike hunt
";-p" wrote:

The old ones were INFERIOR. But what's happened over the last 25 years or so....pretty much starting with the 1977 Honda Accord...is that they leapfrogged the US makers and quality has remained better ever since. It's not merely a myth as you proclaim. Just because you correctly don't have any 30+ year old Hon/Toys as examples of quality doesn't mean that TODAY they are not the leader in quality. They are. And this is coming from someone who almost always drove Fords and occasionally GM. Moving to Japanese made my life MUCH less stressful.

You are entitled to your opinion but that is not what we see in our service business. The failure rate among brands today is constant the only real difference we see is style and price.
Your personal experience with vehicles you have owned may be different but I personally have owned many foreign cars, including Honda and several Lexus' and they were no better than any domestics I have owned.
I see lots of domestics from the sixties seventies and eighties, but not any japanese cars from that same time period at car shows, and that is a fact. I know the reason, it is that they cost too much to keep in repair over time.
mike hunt