side to side play in front passanger wheel???

Hi, here is what I got...

When I jack the car up with the weight off the front wheel I have a good inch or two on play if I push on the fron of the tire inwards. When I releace it it returns back. I check the tie rod and the play is not there. It is moving the half shaft and the play seems to be in the joint closest to the trans. the ball joint also moves but the wheel has no up and down play...

I am thinking CV joint maybe. but I get to clicking when turning. the only time I notice the problem is when I start off under hard acceleration when I push in the clutch to shift to second it turns it self to the right...

help me please Jim

Reply to
jimbradley