Site for GM parts

Hi,
I am looking for a site that has new GM parts.
Thanks
Dan

How about www.gmpartsdirect.com ?
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:51:51 -0500, "Phillip Schmid"

Also try www.partszoneonline.com slightly higher prices with lower shipping and handling fees...
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:55:55 GMT, Mike Levy

I've used www.gmotors.com a couple of times in the past.. they're cheaper than gmpartsdirect after they bone you for S&H. I had no problems with either transaction and would reccommend them to anyone.
-Bret
their prices are great but they stick it to you big time on shipping
--
twins0203

Who sticks it to you on shipping?? Please quote enough of the post you are replying to so we can make sense of your post. H
Cheap Skates in this world are very abundant.
For one to avoid "their prices are great but they stick it to you big time on shipping"
Let's name a few issues before entering the freight industry:
talk with people in the trucking industry about the risks, buy your own truck with a sleeper, get a CDL, purchase the required insurance for the truck and your CDL, maintain a savings account for equipment breakdown costs, get a doctors physical at least once per year, get fuel charge cards to charge your fuel costs when necessary, purchase a "Truckers Road Atlas": to avoid scales, plot your routes, for refueling, to know where to take showers, etc. purchase Log Books required for your CDL.
Now with these and other hints go buy a truck!
I'll defy anyone to do a trucking cost-benefit analysis and again make that stupid statement about shipping "prices".
After reading the above incomplete summation, how can one make that statement "their prices are great but they stick it to you big time on shipping"?
snip
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:22:54 GMT, "charge"

go to their site and actually look at their prices for shipping... last time I went to use them they wanted to charge me $50 S&H for a 4wd actuator, adapter harness and a fuse cover. www.gmotors.com charged me 8 bucks to ship the exact same thing.
-Bret
Let's go to Kmart or Wally World and go stump jumping with our 4 wheelers in the automotive departments.
snip
gmpartsdirect.com has very high shipping
--
twins0203

www.rockauto.com offers the AC-Delco line which covers a lot of the repair and maint. items for GM vehicles. AC-Delco is a division of General Motors.
If you are looking for performance parts or body parts then a dealer like Brassington (gmotors.com) is good to deal with.
John
I cut this below directly from the gmpartsdirect.com faq:
Why does shipping and handling fee seem so high?
Gmpartsdirect.com sells parts near published dealer cost plus a percentage for a shipping and handling fee. This fee is not actual shipping charges only.
The shipping and handling pays for the shipping charges plus our other expenses like web programming, employees, etc. Another way to explain this is, we are selling you the part near published dealer cost, the shipping, and handling pays all of our expenses associated with running the web site. The amount left over after our expense is our profit.
Keep in mind our overall price is a tremendous savings over retail price and in most cases is even cheaper than dealer wholesale shipped to your door step,and without leaving the convenience of the Mouse. Compare the overall price delivered to your door.
(In some cases our site may misprice parts. If you feel the pricing is incorrect please email us and we will glady check on the part number in question)

for
Right, they price the parts low and then make their profit on shipping and handling.
Not the kind of company I like to do business with.
John